THE CHIECHI HOUSE
The Chiechi House was originally built in 1876 and was acquired by Italian immigrant Michele Chiechi in 1913. In 1970, the Chiechi descendants donated the house to the City of San Jose. In 2018, History San José offered La Raza History Society of Santa Clara Valley an opportunity to become an affiliate. The LRHS was able to occupy the house in exchange for paying rent for its use as a headquarter. After remodeling some parts of the house, it is now served as an office and a research library for the organization. The Nuñez Community Foundation is able to contribute $25,000 to LRHS to preserve the region's Latino cultural heritage.